donderdag 30 mei 2013

SAO Asuna Schooluniform | Part 1


Hey everyone!
Some of you may know I like to make my own costumes :) Two months ago I posted about the fabric that I bought that time, which I'm using now for my Asuna Schooluniform, a girl from the anime Sword Art Online. For the fabric-post, click here!


I was going to post it yesterday, but I forgot time because I was so busy with my costume! Anyway, yesterday I started with several things. First I went to the mall and bought myself a maillot and a blouse for the costume. Then I got to work with my costume itself. I started off with the skirt. I decided to do the skirt in two parts, because that was easier for me. I started to pleat the skirt, which was an adventure itself! I needed almost THREE metres to make it! After I formed and sewed it, I took a flatiron and make the pleats come more alive. After this I sew the skirt together, and started with the other part.

For the other part I took a long piece of fabric, since I didn't know where to start or the end the jacket/skirt. I sewed the bottom of fabric with the top of the pleated skirt, and I began with the jacket.


I cut out the fabric in desirable lengths, and started with the sleeves. I pinned every sleeve and tried if it was open enough to put my arm through. When it was, I sewed next to the pins and also did that with the other sleeve.


Then the jacket. I didn't know where to start, so I tried to make it look like a shirt first. I cut two pieces of fabric, one for the front and one for the back, and sewed the shoulders and the waist. The part for my head and my arms were kept open.


 As soon as I fitted it, I cut the middle in the front, because it is an open jacket, and then I needed to sew the shoulders a bit tighter. After that, I pinned the sleeves at the shoulderparts, and sewed it together.


Then, I was just so exhausted and it was already late, so I stopped. Today, I will go further! I hope to get my skirt done, and most parts of my jacket.  I will update you!

Stay tuned!
Bweyo,
Li Hao

Click here for part 2!
Click here for the result!





Geen opmerkingen: