maandag 25 augustus 2014

Tohka Yatogami Cosplay | Part II


It's been a while since I posted something about my cosplay for Tohka. I wanted to cosplay Tohka for Animecon this year, but there wasn't enough time for me because of my study. This time however, I don't have to work for my study yet, so there is more time left for my cosplay. In contrast to my Kirito GGO cosplay, I didn't buy cosplay pieces for Tohka. I make it all myself, and believe me, it's harder than you would think. ;)

For Animecon I made the skirt, but it wasn't completely finished. There wasn't enough volume at the bottom. So I bought some extra tule to create the volume, and it worked!
I made this skirt with lots of lilac tule (let's say a little over 10 meter), a strech waistband and some bleach. Bleach? Yes, bleach. The skirt of tohka is white at the bottom, so I used bleach to make the lilac tule white at the pointed parts.
The tule.
The white ends.
But before I did that, I measured myself to see how much tule I would need. Since it's very easy to see through tule, I used many layers (that explains the 10 meter of fabric). Then, I cut the bottom for that pointed shape that the skirt has. After that, I put the bottom in some bleach for about 8 hours to get that dip dye effect.
the pointy edges
Once that's all done, it time to get it formfitting. In small section I fold the tule together to create volume. After that I sew it together. When that's done, I take my waistband and sew everything together while stretching my waistband.
pump the volume up!

The end! Looks kinda weird on the ground,
but looks good when it's on ^_^
That's it! It took quite some time to finish because it has to soak in bleach and I takes time to create the right volume, but I'm happy with it!

Stay tuned!
Bweyo,
Li Hao

Geen opmerkingen: