woensdag 20 november 2013

Park Bom 'Go Away Superhero' costume part 3

Click here for part 1!
Click here for part 2!

This is the final part of my costume, and even the biggest part. Now I have to make the whole dress in one day. Believe me, it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. It also didn't turn out the way I wanted, but I can't complain since the amount of time was so little. As I mentioned before I lost my fabric, so the day before the convention I was able to buy new fabric. Immediately I started sewing, but it wasn't that easy.
the fabric
First of all the fabric was a bit see-through, so I had to put on the yellow fabric twice on the dress. I started of with the cape, since that was the easy part. I put two pieces of fabric together and sewed it. That's basically it. Yeah really, that was the easy part! Now comes the hard one.



The cape
I started drawing the lightning, which was more difficult than I thought. Every time I drew, it didn't seem to look like it. Of course, it looked like a lightning, but not the way Park Bom is wearing it. So after a couple of hours drawing this lightning, I was able to sew the two pieces together. Then I was thinking how I would get this on my dress. Sewing it would be hard, since I have to make sure I do not sew the backside of the dress together with this. I decided to stick it, with some special paper. Thanks to my mom for that easy idea. Just lay that paper beneath the dress and the lightning, and stick it together with an iron. That's it!


End in the end I place the cape at the dress, with the collar. But that failed a bit, in the end I had an other way of doing it than it was done with the original dress. But, I'm glad I finished just in time, so I shouldn't complain.
Click here for the result!
Click here for the convention!


Hope you like it, stay tuned!
Bweyo,
Li Hao

Geen opmerkingen: