dinsdag 18 februari 2014

Shingeki No Kyojin costume part 2 (final part)

And here is the second part of my costume. Firstly I made the brown fabric that's going to be around my hips. I still don't know how to call it. So if you have a suggestion, name it in the comments below! I sewed the brown fabric and cut off the access fabric. Then I made some poppers on it so it would be easy to put on. That was it. Nothing that suprising right?
sewing it together.
added the poppers.
The belt system was more suprising to me. After all I made a look a like and not the original belt system. Still, when I went last sunday to Tsunacon I heard that those systems were so hard to put on! So secretly I'm happy I made mine on my own.
After thinking for a while on how to make this system, I started to ducktape the belts together. That way, I knew where I had to sew. After making this I realized I used the wrong needle, but since miracles exist, the needle for fabric was strong enough to sew through two(!!) belts.
I had a belt around my hips and as said in the previous post about this costume, I already made the belts which go around my legs. I then used a belt to get the two belts on each side connected to the main belt around my hips.
Looks pretty cool huh?





And again sewing it together.
The belts around the legs are connected to the main belt.
After that, I made the part that goes more to my knees. I also used ducktape to that and sewed that together. Then I adjusted the pair of buckles to the main belt and with some pins I added a belt just above the breastpart (I don't know how I should call it differently). This was sewed with my hands. Now, it's all done. Tada, I have my own beltsystem!
The endresult, although the buckle is not shown on the picture.
Hope you liked it and stay tuned!
Bweyo,
Li Hao

Geen opmerkingen: