zondag 1 april 2012

Dress to impress

Hey people!

Finally, my testweek is over, and that means making the base for my dress!! Too bad my sewing machine thought differently. I got no clue of how, but it is damaged so I can not work with it.

I'm really sorry about it, but now I can show you what kind of dress I want to make. First I will show you my drawing. Look at all those colors, pretty amazing heh? I know I'm not the best drawer in the world when it's about making designs, and it's not the best photo quality either. I'm sorry for that haha.

I will tell you something about the dress. It's inspired on a dress of Park Bom, a vocal singer of the Korean group 2NE1. Don't know them yet? Check it out! At the moment they're busy getting fame in America, but I hope they'll come to Europe soon.

This dress she wore was in the music video of 2NE1's Ugly. I really like the dress, because it's actually a basic little black dress, but all the patches and the added vintage and all the edgy stuff makes it such a amazing dress! Here below, I'll put some photo's of Park Bom and the dress.

As you can on the second photo, the back of the dress is almost empty. I think that is way better than fill it up like the front, or else the dress gets over the top. The left photo has really colorful pathes while the right photo is all black/white. What I wanna do, is getting three big patches on it with color, and the rest I'll keep black/white. Those fringes you can see will not be the same on my dress. I want to create something more edgy and vintage by creating those fringes with those lips you can open your tin with.

And for the the live version of 2NE1's Ugly, here is the link: Ugly - 2NE1
Or for the short japanese version, check this: Ugly - 2NE1 japanese

I hope you'd enjoy my blog for today, and I'll hope I can post blogs more often, if I have anything interesting to tell you guys ;)

For any questions, just put it in comments

Bweyo,
LiHao

Geen opmerkingen: