zaterdag 28 februari 2015

DIY | Onigiri


Yay, I finally made some onigiri! After I went to Nishicon last year, I thought it would be a great idea to make some onigiri, since I bought some regular onigiri shapers. And this week me and a friend and my little brother made this! It's actually quite easy :).
The onigiri shapers!
What you will need is:
- sushi rice
- rice cooker (or a pan to boil it in)
- nori

That's the base for an onigiri, but you can give it more flavor by filling it. For example I used salmon, tuna and marinated chicken. I also bought a package onigiri flavour mix to mix with the rice. For some extra flavour I bought wasabimayo, to combine with the salmon and tuna. These are just ideas but you can be creative and create something your own!
My three fillings ^^.
The onigiri flavour mix.
You need to cook the rice. Don't overcook it, but it shouldn't feel soggy either. After you've done that, the hardest part is done. Really! It is quite easy once you have those shapers ^^.
Fill the shaper with some rice (or mix the rice with the onigiri flavour mix first) until it's filled 3/4. Then, with your thumb, make a whole in the middle so you can fill it with your filling. After that, put some rice above it so it sticks out a little of the shaper. Take the upper part of the shaper and push hard! This way it will all stick together. Take it out of the shaper and put some nori around it, so you can eat it without sticky hands. And there you go, your own onigiri!
What is optional, is to put some filling on top of the onigiri, like the picture below ^^.
Some salmon on top, omnomnom.
The result!
The three of us did this until we went out of rice. We still had quite some salmon left so I decided to put all the salmon in on of the shapers and squeezed it together. I then put some nori around it and ate it... I got a salmon explosion in my mouth, probably not the best idea haha.
Too much...salmon... ^.^''
Hope you liked it and got inspired to make it yourself! Of course, a shaper isn't necessary, you can mold it with your own hands! But that takes a bit longer :).

Bweyo!

Geen opmerkingen: