zondag 28 oktober 2012

White skin, red lips | Geisha Collection

Hey everyone!

Today I want to talk about collecting things. I mean, almost everyone likes to collect a special type of items right? No, I'm not talking about an obsession or addiction to things, but just collecting. :)

I wanna let you see my collection for so far. I collect geisha's, especially the Kimmidolls. These are cute, little geisha's that express life's true values. There are so many of them and I want them all!!

But first let me tell you how this started. A few years ago, I was searching on the internet for asian-culture and that's where I found geisha's. I was inspired by there clothing, combined with their equal white skin and perfect red lips. Then, about more ore less than a year ago, I saw the movie Memoirs of a Geisha. I really loved that movie, and that was the last push for me to collect geisha's.

Now I have three piggy banks of geisha's, six Kimmidolls and one cute geisha my BBF (Boy Best Friend) bought me from a chinese store.



First the piggy banks. Did I already tell you that my grandma loves to spoil me? Well, she also bought two big piggy banks for me.
There are three of these kind of piggy banks, but unfortunately the store who selled them, don't have them anyomore. But I'm happy with these two. I always call them 'twinpiggy's' haha.



Then we have here the third piggy bank. This one is really small, and here I put in my 5cent-coins. This one was only three euro's! The store selled them in yellow, green and pink. And since pink is my favorite color (like a mainstream girl) it was a must-have for me!





And then this little withe geisha. So this one came out of a chinese store. I think this is so georgeous! The outfit, the hair, and then the eyelashes with the red smile. And the red dot in her hair, just makes the finishing touch to me. I really love it! 


And last but not least: the Kimmidolls. I found them at the same store as when the twinpiggy's came from, and found out that they even have an online store!! Because these geisha's are a little bit more pricy than the others, I promised myself to buy one each month. And now, six months later, I have these. I like it that they are in different sizes. I prefer the middle-size, because the little ones are keychains and the big ones are just huge! In the end I want to give them their own shelf. What do you think about geisha's?


Not to forget, have you already seen my new background? I made it myself, and I really like it! I want to do this every new season (and special events I celebrate). This one represents fall. Here, it's already pretty cold, that's why I drew the mob cap and the scarf. What do you think about it?

And last thing I want to mention: Yesterday I went to MGC Experience, a cosplay event here in the Netherlands. I had so much fun! but because I need to study for next weeks exam week, I don't have much time to make a whole story about it. Thursday I will post something about it with a short movie, so stay tuned!!

Bweyo,
Li Hao


Geen opmerkingen: